As an integral part of a comprehensive, coeducation public institution of higher learning, the state philosophy of the UL Lafayette Athletic Department is to subscribe to the high standards of academic quality, as well as breadth of academic opportunities; and to provide athletic competition at the highest level of intercollegiate athletics.
The Athletic Department is committed to the promotion of social mobility, integration and equality of opportunity. In accordance with the state philosophy, the following goals have been established for UL Lafayette Athletics:
- Provide the tools and resources necessary to achieve high retention and graduation rates for student-athletes;
- Provide the tools and resources necessary for coaches and student-athletes to be successful at the highest feasible level of competition;
- Provide the tools and resources necessary to support equitable opportunity for all student-athletes and staff, regardless of race and sex;
- Maintain NCAA Division I-A classification;
- Maximize opportunities for athletic competition within the framework of currently sponsored sports, and;
- Maintain responsible fiscal control in accord with University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.